CarTrawler is the leading B2B technology provider of the car rental and mobility solutions to the global travel industry. Our purpose is to drive successful partnerships. CarTrawler’s end-to-end technology platform expands our airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities. We provide unrivaled breadth and depth of content worldwide, including car rental, private airport transfer, and ride-hailing services.
CarTrawler creates innovative, data-led solutions for some of the largest travel brands in the world, including United Airlines, American Express, EasyJet, Alaska Airlines, SWISS, Hotels.com, and Emirates. As a B2B company, we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build their brands, not our own.
The Product Marketing Manager works closely with the Head of Product & Brand Marketing, Commercial Strategy Lead, and Design Team to develop and deliver the Product Marketing strategy and objectives. This role is essential for CarTrawler to generate a better understanding of new and existing markets, a 360-degree view of our competitors, a crystal clear product proposition, and outstanding Sales Enablement and GTM strategies.
The Product Marketing Manager is a guide within the organization around the CarTrawler partners and competitors and develops tools and resources to enable our Commercial team to beat our competition.
This role is responsible for generating competitive insights and analysis, producing practical market intelligence, developing outstanding sales collateral, and ensuring the CarTrawler proposition is understood and successfully communicated across all stakeholders.
The Product Marketing Manager has a cross-functional remit, requiring product and proposition expertise, strong stakeholder relationships, critical thinking, strong organisation, and project management skills, and the ability to work independently.
Reporting to: Head of Product & Brand Marketing
- Be responsible for the creation of an updated Sales Enablement strategy for CarTrawler, and clearly define processes related to it including sales requests, conceptualization, and more. Once built, responsible for keeping the processes up to date.
- Curate and produce collateral to support strategic activities including RFP and strategic tender responses, key partner discussions, board updates, etc.
- Brief the Design Team and effectively lead the flow of content to be crafted.
- Lead the content and communications of the Product Marketing and Market Intelligence Hubs, ensuring that both resources are maintained as a source of ready-to-use collateral.
- Communicate new content, supervise the performance of content, update and edit accordingly.
- Build and disseminate market insights collateral, industry analysis, and in-market feedback to the business.
- Create and maintain a ready-to-use repository of responses, information, case studies, and collateral.
- Drive market and competitor analysis to understand the competitor product landscape from a partner acquisition perspective, identifying gaps and opportunities for CarTrawler.
- Conduct win/loss analysis on key prospect wins and losses, with the aim of acquiring tangible insights to build clear recommendations and action plans for the business.
- Work with Head of Product & Brand Marketing to cultivate insight gained from market and competitor analysis, using tools and techniques such as through Prospect Analysis, Market Intelligence, and Personas, as core requirements for new business, especially as we move into new segments.
- Understand the latest product developments, specifications, and features both in development and on the roadmap so this can be communicated through case studies.
- Lead the presentation of concrete insights and plans, based upon Win/Loss and Competitor Analysis, to other teams including Product & Technology and Business Development.
- Support wider team initiatives including Branding and Marketing.
- Any other duties as and when required by the Head of Product & Brand Marketing or Leadership Teams that are reasonably within the capabilities of the person and sought at achieving the company’s objectives.
- Commercial and Product to “package” Car Rental and Mobility propositions and product roadmaps into “ready for market” pitch materials.
- Business Development and Product to facilitate the successful transfer of knowledge between both teams.
- Operations to gather insights and understanding from the field and to develop Productisation Packs.
- Partner Proposition to ensure we’re aligned on product and proposition messaging.
- Commercial Strategy to support on tailored market and driven research, and to package insights to aide go-to-market strategy development, identification of new segment opportunities, sales enablement and thought leadership content.
- Marketing to develop and produce product campaigns to increase product and proposition understanding in the market.
- Mobility to support the development of product and proposition GTM materials.
Knowledge and Experience:
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years + working in B2B product marketing with a focus on positioning and productization.
- Ability to work in an agile and competitive environment
- Experienced working with research tools to generate usable and relevant insights and data sets e,g. Euromonitor, SimilarWeb, T2RL, etc.
- Consistent record of analytical and problem-solving skills
- The experienced level user experience of MS Office Suite, in particular Powerpoint and Excel.
- A natural collaborator with an ability to establish and maintain positive relationships both internally and externally.
- Very well organized with good attention to detail.
- Excellent commercial and financial foresight.
- Previous experience with stakeholder management.
- Strong business report writing and presentation skills with high attention to detail/
- Travel industry knowledge.
Environmental, Social, and Governance
You will be an ambassador of our culture and social and environmental credentials.
CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion, and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind.
The criteria with regards to decisions on positions and promotions is an individual’s ability, behaviors, and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.
We are a purpose-led, values-driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive.
CarTrawler will ensure that candidates who are interviewing with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of Our Benefits
Hybrid Working: Hybrid working at CarTrawler is a combination of office and remote working. Most of the time, people will have flexibility in terms of where they want to work.
Financial Wellbeing: All employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering, we also have an annual performance-related bonus, pension, income protection & life assurance.
Health: Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members, we have a dedicated team of Mental Health First Aiders, an Employee Assistance Programme, “Friday Unplugged” – last Friday of every month we have a half-day mental health break.
Leave: 25 days annual leave & 2 company days, as we know life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents, and marriage leave
Development: We have a dedicated Talent Management Team and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development throughout your CarTrawler career.