Director of Technology Transformation
Product & Technology
Location: Dublin, Ireland
CarTrawler is the leading B2B technology provider of the car rental and mobility solutions to the global travel industry. Our purpose is to drive successful partnerships. CarTrawler’s end-to-end technology platform expands our airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities. We provide unrivaled breadth and depth of content worldwide, including car rental, private airport transfer, and ride-hailing services.
CarTrawler creates innovative, data-led solutions for some of the largest travel brands in the world, including United Airlines, American Express, EasyJet, Alaska Airlines, SWISS, Hotels.com, and Emirates. As a B2B company, we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build their brands, not our own.
The Director of Technology Transformation is a strategic and critical role within our Product & Technology Leadership team and will be responsible for the delivery of the Technology strategy within CarTrawler.
CarTrawler is about to embark on a change management/investment program to address legacy Technology platform and process challenges which hamper efficiency. This role will be directly responsible for coordinating and driving forward that change management program. The program will consist of several different initiatives, including but not limited to new product delivery, product and platform upgrades, cloud migration(s), investment in tools, automation and in cultural, organizational and process changes.
This role ultimately will be responsible for execution of the strategy but also prioritization, building consensus, stakeholder management, governance and reporting, identification and resolution of key blockers, leadership and driving change. The role will have a small number of reports but will work closely with the Product & Technology management team and the Company leadership team to ensure that the technology transformation program is adequately prioritized and resourced.
The role requires a proven outcome focused, pragmatic technology leader, who is comfortable collaborating at all levels of an organisation and who can work with teams to identify process optimisation opportunities throughout the delivery lifecycle.
Chief Product and Technology Officer.
Main accountabilities and key tasks:
- Lead the end-to-end delivery of the Technology Strategy within CarTrawler, including the execution of cloud migrations, sunsetting of legacy platforms, building of new cutting edge platforms, rolling out tooling and process improvements etc.etc.
- Shape, refine and influence the next wave of product and technology advancements to enable and power our company growth strategy. Collaborate with key stakeholder across the company, build consensus, understand our biggest challenges and opportunities and come up with pragmatic solutions
- Manage large scale technology change & transformation programs, ranging from complex systems migrations, through to operational, business critical initiatives.
- Develop and implement a structured methodology and approach to lead strategic change management activities
- Responsible for all change management activities, including impact assessment, communications, training, culture change and business readiness
- Drive alignment by undertaking the design, development, delivery, and management of communications to keep relevant stakeholders informed on change processes
- Responsible for Tech Strategy Program governance and cross company communication and updates
- Identify opportunities to improve our effectiveness and efficiency of delivery by working closely with our engineering, developer experience, architecture, product and IT teams
- Play a leading role as a member of the Product and technology leadership team – take ownership of cross functional initiatives, focus on the development and continuous improvement of our people and our teams, ensure focus and delivery of our most important objectives
Knowledge and Experience:
- 15+ years experience within Product & Technology teams, with at least 5 years’ experience as a senior technology leader at Director/VP or Executive level
- Experience of bringing leading technology and process optimisation practices to an organisation, in order to drive a continuous improvement of the P&T function, to deliver more and to better support the business
- Experience of collaborating directly with senior engineering and IT Ops leaders, solution architects and key stakeholders across a company to identify, qualify and ultimately execute strategic tech projects which best advance and best align with the overall company strategy
- Ability to deliver complex technology transformation programs at pace, translating strategic objectives into specific, measurable deliverables.
- Experience reporting to, and working collaboratively with, C level executive teams.
- An authentic and influential technology leader that can inspire and motivate a diverse team
- Experience designing and leading complex strategic programs with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience implementing best practice change management principles, methodologies &tools
- High integrity, and excellent relationship development, communication, and negotiation skills
- A good understanding of technology projects and the value of technology in supporting business requirements
- Ability to quickly grasp complex business problems and develop appropriate solutions
- Experience working in fast-paced, agile and modern technology companies.
- Strong communicator and Leadership ability
- Exceptional Attention to Detail
- Self-Management-Be a strong role model by managing yourself, your time, and your meetings in a productive and useful manner
- Strong communicator – building trust by having regular quality 121’s, cascading relevant business updates and checking in with your people
- Provide quality feedback-provide helpful, constructive feedback to improve performance on an ongoing basis and as part of company performance management process
- Recognize individual and team achievements
- Empower, Trust and Verify-Be clear on expectations with your team, agree measurements of success and hold team members accountable
- Inspire-engage the hearts and minds of the team by role modelling our company values
- Provide clarity and alignment-sharing a clear vision of collective success and ensuring alignment to overall business strategy
- Hire and develop super talent
Environmental, Social, and Governance
You will be an ambassador of our culture and social and environmental credentials.
CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion, and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind.
The criteria with regards to decisions on positions and promotions is an individual’s ability, behaviors, and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.
We are a purpose-led, values-driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive.
CarTrawler will ensure that candidates who are interviewing with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of Our Benefits
Hybrid Working: Hybrid working at CarTrawler is a combination of office and remote working. Most of the time, people will have flexibility in terms of where they want to work.
Financial Wellbeing: All employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering, we also have an annual performance-related bonus, pension, income protection & life assurance.
Health: Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members, we have a dedicated team of Mental Health First Aiders, an Employee Assistance Programme, “Friday Unplugged” – last Friday of every month we have a half-day mental health break.
Leave: 25 days annual leave & 2 company days, as we know life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents, and marriage leave
Development: We have a dedicated Talent Management Team and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development throughout your CarTrawler career.