CarTrawler is the leading B2B technology provider of the car rental and mobility solutions to the global travel industry. Our purpose is to drive successful partnerships. CarTrawler’s end-to-end technology platform expands our airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities. We provide unrivaled breadth and depth of content worldwide, including car rental, private airport transfer, and ride-hailing services.
CarTrawler creates innovative, data-led solutions for some of the largest travel brands in the world, including United Airlines, American Express, EasyJet, Alaska Airlines, SWISS, Hotels.com, and Emirates. As a B2B company, we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build their brands, not our own.
Directly Responsible to:
Director of Trading
The purpose of the Role
As a Strategic Project Lead, you will have ownership of and accountability for developing and delivering strategic trading projects aimed at unlocking additional revenue streams for CarTrawler, our suppliers and our partners. The Commercial Manager will be tasked with defining the delivery roadmap for trading projects, understanding CarTrawler, partner and supplier commercial dynamics and working cross-functionally to deliver these projects in line with timelines and scope.
The immediate responsibility for this role will be the development and delivery of CarTrawler’s supplier commercial levers, including advertising products, available for purchase by suppliers, as part of CarTrawler’s supplier merchandising toolkit. The successful candidate will develop and lead the execution of a go-to-market plan for these products, including defining the associated commercial model and sales processes and collateral.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Driving incremental revenues to CarTrawler, our partners and our suppliers through the development and delivery of commercial projects
- Designing and implementing testing plans for new CarTrawler products, capturing and sharing results, and actioning insights to improve product features and models’ performance
- Developing commercial models for Marketing Placements ensuring profitable outcomes across parties
- Developing sales assets and defining and sharing sales cycles for Marketing Placements
- Developing internal onboarding and training assets for CarTrawler supply agents to enable the sale of placements
- Working to proactively pitch and sell to suppliers and partners ahead of budgeting cycles to secure investment
- Developing, delivering, documenting and communicating supplier and partner performance reporting
- Owning the product development roadmap for commercial products, ensuring development requirements are logged and relevant internal parties are consulted
- Ensuring regular updates on performance of commercial projects, key deliverables and upcoming developments
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in similar/relevant role (i.e. end-to-end delivery of commercial projects)
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple concurrent projects, with demonstrated history of project managing commercial, cross-functional projects to completion
- Highly numerate, with the ability to understand financial and commercial indicators – possess great attention to detail and ability to prioritise workloads according to business focus and opportunity
- Is capable of influencing others drawing on a variety of approaches depending on the context. Is able to win support and commitment by choosing an appropriate blend of tactics, presenting views effectively and negotiating mutually acceptable solutions
- Strong interest in UI/UX and a curiosity around customers behaviours and how best to improve the customer experience through front-end changes
- Excellent relationship development, communication and negotiation skills
- Strong presentation skill, with a proven ability to be able to communicate effectively and succinctly complex messages to a wide stakeholder group
Environmental, Social, and Governance
You will be an ambassador of our culture and social and environmental credentials.
CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion, and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind.
The criteria with regards to decisions on positions and promotions is an individual’s ability, behaviors, and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.
We are a purpose-led, values-driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive.
CarTrawler will ensure that candidates who are interviewing with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment, please contact us at email@example.com
Some of Our Benefits
Hybrid Working: Hybrid working at CarTrawler is a combination of office and remote working. Most of the time, people will have flexibility in terms of where they want to work.
Financial Wellbeing: All employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering, we also have an annual performance-related bonus, pension, income protection & life assurance.
Health: Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members, we have a dedicated team of Mental Health First Aiders, an Employee Assistance Programme, “Friday Unplugged” – last Friday of every month we have a half-day mental health break.
Leave: 25 days annual leave & 2 company days, as we know life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents, and marriage leave
Development: We have a dedicated Talent Management Team and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development throughout your CarTrawler career.