CarTrawler is the leading B2B technology provider of the car rental and mobility solutions to the global travel industry. Our purpose is to drive successful partnerships. CarTrawler’s end-to-end technology platform expands our airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities. We provide unrivaled breadth and depth of content worldwide, including car rental, private airport transfer, and ride-hailing services.
CarTrawler creates innovative, data-led solutions for some of the largest travel brands in the world, including United Airlines, American Express, EasyJet, Alaska Airlines, SWISS, Hotels.com, and Emirates. As a B2B company, we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build their brands, not our own.
Role Purpose: A Frontend Engineer delivers high quality software, on schedule, and in alignment with the CarTrawler business strategy. Works in a culture of high performance and enthusiasm, champions and contributes to our software development practices, and maintains an environment of achievement, reward and respect. Works closely with their Engineering Manager and Product Manager to ensure we deliver car rental booking technology of the highest standard that meets the requirements of both our car-booking customer, and of our travel partners.
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Main accountabilities and key tasks:
- Working with Engineering, Product and IT to understand business requirements.
- Collaborating with peers to break down requirements into clear technical tasks.
- Taking ownership for delivering technical tasks with high quality, performant code and tests.
- Working with your team to meet project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Developing an understanding of the architecture of multiple products, and contributing to design discussions and decision-making
- Providing constructive feedback to all members of the team through timely code reviews.
- Maintaining up-to-date technical skills, and contributing to a culture of continuous improvement
Knowledge and Experience:
- Ability to write modular, scalable, and clean code.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary team while taking ownership of own tasks
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience in web mark-up, including HTML5 and CSS3.
- Experience developing single-page web applications using Typescript.
- A good understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Experience building web applications for both desktop & mobile.
- Good understanding of browser rendering behaviour and performance.
- Knowledge of version control tools like Git or similar.
- Experience writing unit and integration tests using frameworks such as Jest.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Familiar with Docker, Jenkins and other CI/CD tooling.
- Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as Webpack.
- CSS compiler knowledge (E.g. Sass)
- Strong understanding of RESTful APIs
- Engineering Management to ensure delivery of quality software on schedule.
- Product and Design to ensure alignment on meeting product visions and goals.
- External partners to assist integration of CarTrawler software solutions.
- IT to ensure successful operation of our software solutions.
Environmental, Social, and Governance
You will be an ambassador of our culture and social and environmental credentials.
CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion, and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind.
The criteria with regards to decisions on positions and promotions is an individual’s ability, behaviors, and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.
We are a purpose-led, values-driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive.
CarTrawler will ensure that candidates who are interviewing with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of Our Benefits
Hybrid Working: Hybrid working at CarTrawler is a combination of office and remote working. Most of the time, people will have flexibility in terms of where they want to work.
Financial Wellbeing: All employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering, we also have an annual performance-related bonus, pension, income protection & life assurance.
Health: Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members, we have a dedicated team of Mental Health First Aiders, an Employee Assistance Programme, “Friday Unplugged” – last Friday of every month we have a half-day mental health break.
Leave: 25 days annual leave & 2 company days, as we know life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents, and marriage leave
Development: We have a dedicated Talent Management Team and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development throughout your CarTrawler career.