CarTrawler is the leading B2B technology provider of the car rental and mobility solutions to the global travel industry. Our purpose is to drive successful partnerships. CarTrawler’s end-to-end technology platform expands our airline and travel partners’ offering to their customers, creating substantial ancillary revenue opportunities. We provide unrivaled breadth and depth of content worldwide, including car rental, private airport transfer, and ride-hailing services.
CarTrawler creates innovative, data-led solutions for some of the largest travel brands in the world, including United Airlines, American Express, EasyJet, Alaska Airlines, SWISS, Hotels.com, and Emirates. As a B2B company, we focus solely on helping our airline and travel partners build their brands, not our own.
You will drive the vision and strategy for Internal Communications ensuring that our people are engaged, informed and aligned. You will play a key role in our evolving employee experience and in communicating our employee value proposition.
As our Internal Communications Manager you will be part of the People Leadership team. You will work closely with the CPO as well as liaising and partnering with a wide range of stakeholders including the CEO and Leadership Team, our internal brand and marketing team, senior leaders and wider People team.
Whilst this is a standalone role, you will provide values based leadership and direction as part of the People Leadership Team. You will be an ambassador of our culture and social and environmental credentials.
Reporting to: Chief People Officer
Main Accountabilities and Key Tasks:
- Create, manage and maintain an on-going internal comms strategy and schedule
- To develop internal relationships and highlight opportunities for communications in a timely manner
- Oversee all internal communications initiatives (events, townhalls, company announcements, celebrations) to ensure the purpose, tone of voice, timeliness, and consistency is fit for a diverse hybrid workforce
- Draft messages and scripts from senior leaders for presentation to employees in written or spoken form
- You will be responsible for formulating our response to both internal and external issues / situations as they arise
- Liaise and partner with internal stakeholders to develop, execute and champion initiatives that continue to build on our culture of high employee engagement
- To ensure appropriate listening opportunities within the business, including the regular roll-out of our employee engagement survey
- Provide expertise to colleagues and Leadership Team on best practices by actively contributing to idea generation and influencing results directly and indirectly
- Measure the quality and effectiveness of communications and provide recommendations for continuous improvement
Knowledge and experience :
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant academic discipline
- You have a minimum of 5 years Internal Communications experience preferably within the technology industry
- You have experience mapping, building, and optimizing communications channels, audience and communications strategies
- You’re a self-driven, ambitious, energetic communicator, who can get things done in a fast-paced environment where priorities can shift quickly
- You’re creative and flexible, and you like to solve problems with an iterative approach, learning on the go and creating tailor-made solutions for what is needed
- You’re tech-savvy and ready to roll up your sleeves to learn new things
- You are organized and pay attention to details
- You demonstrate excellent collaboration skills with stakeholders from all levels
- You are an inspiring storyteller and have exceptional listening, writing, editing, and presentation skills
- You’re a fluent English speaker
Environmental, Social, and Governance
You will be an ambassador of our culture and social and environmental credentials.
CarTrawler is fully committed to ensuring equal opportunities supported by an environment based on mutual respect, inclusion, and dignity at work for all our people. We welcome diversity, valuing the benefits it brings to the workplace. We have a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination of any kind.
The criteria with regards to decisions on positions and promotions is an individual’s ability, behaviors, and merit to perform in the role. To this end, CarTrawler strives to ensure that recruitment, employment, training, and promotion practices and policies do not directly or indirectly discriminate.
We are a purpose-led, values-driven company, with a focus on a culture of shared wins where relationships make the difference. We strive to foster a culture of continuous learning encouraging our people to invest in themselves to Thrive.
CarTrawler will ensure that candidates who are interviewing with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in any CarTrawler job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits of employment, please contact us at email@example.com
Some of Our Benefits
Hybrid Working: Hybrid working at CarTrawler is a combination of office and remote working. Most of the time, people will have flexibility in terms of where they want to work.
Financial Wellbeing: All employees from day one, whatever their role, are entitled to share options as part of our unique equity scheme offering, we also have an annual performance-related bonus, pension, income protection & life assurance.
Health: Premium VHI health insurance is provided for all team members, we have a dedicated team of Mental Health First Aiders, an Employee Assistance Programme, “Friday Unplugged” – last Friday of every month we have a half-day mental health break.
Leave: 25 days annual leave & 2 company days, as we know life often takes over, as it should! For these instances we offer all eligible team members paid maternity, adoptive, paternity, parents, and marriage leave
Development: We have a dedicated Talent Management Team and Development Framework “Thrive” which supports your professional and personal development throughout your CarTrawler career.